ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY SOUTH AFRICA CONSUMER PRIVACY STATEMENT
By entering ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY managed and supported websites, you agree to all the terms and conditions contained below. These terms and conditions shall be subject to South African Law and the parties to any dispute or action hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African Courts. None of the information on this website is an offer to contract but is merely an invitation to do business. Merely sending an email to this website or its owner shall not create any binding agreement.
Your privacy is important to Isuzu Honda Kimberley – (“ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY” or “we”) as is your trust in ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY’s products and services. We want you to know that the information you share with us will be treated with care. This Privacy Statement addresses what personal information we collect and how we handle the personal information shared with us.
This Privacy Statement applies to personal information we obtain from and about individuals interacting with ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY and its websites, products and services. It does not apply to personal information we obtain in our capacity as an employer.
This Privacy Statement covers all ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY controlled subsidiaries and affiliates in South Africa. Additionally, mobile applications have separate privacy statements, as described in the Mobile Applications section below.
As you interact with ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY, there may be opportunities for you to provide us with your information. Additionally, we may collect certain information about you or your vehicle as further described below. You may provide us with information about you or your vehicle through a number of sources: ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY websites, product and related events, test drive or other incentive applications, surveys, social media platforms, sweepstakes entries and through our customer call centres.
We receive information about you through vehicle sales records provided by your dealer and we may obtain, with your consent, data obtained from your vehicle’s Event Data Recorder (“EDR”) as described in your owner’s manual (i.e., how various systems in your vehicle operate, the speed and distance of your vehicle). For additional information about EDR data, please see your owner’s manual. We also may obtain information about you and your vehicle from ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY affiliates, GMA dealers, and ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY licensees for consumer merchandise, ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY financial partners and other sources such as companies that provide lists of potential vehicle purchasers and current owners, if such companies are permitted to share your information with us pursuant to their privacy statements.
The types of information that ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY collects about you may include, but are not limited to:
- contact information (such as name, postal and physical address, city, province and postal code, email address and telephone number)
- vehicle information (such as vehicle identification number (VIN), make, model, model year, selling dealer, servicing dealer, date of purchase or lease and service history)
- vehicle performance data (such as engine and transmission performance, airbag deployment conditions or crash or near crash information about how a vehicle’s systems performed)
- demographic information (such as age range, marital status and household composition)
- non-credit-related marketing profile information (such as when you plan to purchase or lease; the vehicle in which you’re interested)
- relationships you have with ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY in addition to the purchase and servicing of your vehicle
- incentive eligibility verification information (such as college name, branch of service or credit union name for vehicle purchase programs)
- Personal Identification Number (in limited circumstances ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY may collect ID number, for example if you win a sweepstakes or receive compensation that must be reported for government tax purposes)
- investor information (name, address, phone number and email address)
- stockholder services information (such as account information)
- photographs such as those that you may submit for contests or sweepstakes use
The information ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY collects about you and your vehicle will be used:
- to provide products and services
- to maintain customer relationships
- to operate ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY websites
- to provide customer and vehicle support and service (such as recall information or warranty service)
- to provide information and product updates
- to evaluate vehicle performance and safety as described in the vehicle owner manual
- for safety and product research purposes
- to verify eligibility for vehicle purchase or incentive programs
- for marketing purposes
- to customize and improve communication content
- to comply with legal requirements
ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY Dealers
When you buy or service a ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY vehicle at a ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY dealer, the ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY dealer should provide you with information describing the dealership’s privacy practices and related policies that explain that certain information that you provide to the ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY dealer may be shared with ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY as the vehicle manufacturer or others in accordance with this Privacy Statement; Please note that ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY and ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY dealers are separate legal entities with their own privacy practices. While ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY encourages its ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY dealers to ensure full compliance with all applicable privacy legislation and has provided information to our ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY dealers relating to privacy obligations, ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY is not responsible for ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY dealers’ compliance with applicable law. You should read the ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY dealer’s privacy statement to ensure that you understand its privacy practices and procedures. For questions about your ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY dealer’s privacy practices including opting out of marketing communications from your ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY dealer, please contact your ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY dealer directly.
Links to other sites
All ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY Websites may contain links to websites maintained by other organizations. As we do not control those Websites we do not endorse any material on those websites nor do not provide any warranty, or assume any responsibility, regarding the quality, accuracy, source, reliability, privacy, security or any other aspect of the material on those websites.
We do not represent or warrant that ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY managed Websites and any other information or material contained in, downloaded or accessible from ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY Websites, are free from computer viruses (including macro viruses) or any other defect or error which may affect your software or systems. You should protect your software and systems by installing and implementing your own security checks and systems.
ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY uses administrative, technical and physical security to protect the personal information we maintain and to help ensure that it is used according to this Privacy Statement.
We continuously implement administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect the information we maintain from unauthorised access as well as accidental or wilful manipulation, loss or destruction and to help ensure that it is used according to this Privacy Statement.
ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY websites use “cookies” to remember user preferences and to maximize the performance of our website and services. Using cookies on our websites provides benefits to you, such as allowing you to maintain your account login information or contact information on Request a Quote forms between visits, or locating a nearby dealer. In addition, we may use information gathered from cookies to autofill fields on forms such as the city, province or postal code associated with your IP address. This information can be corrected by you before submitting any form or inquiry or you can disable the cookie as discussed below and the information will not be collected.
Similarly, we may also place Web beacons in our emails to measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns by identifying the individuals who open or act upon an email message, when an email message is opened, how many times an email message is forwarded, the type of software, device, operating system and browser used to deliver the email and any URL accessed through our email message.
To measure site activity and provide a better user experience, we may allow our service providers or business partners to compile information from the cookies, Web beacons or other technologies on our websites which may include information about your visit (such as demographic data, browser type, IP address, pages visited, activities conducted on the page and the day and time of your visit).
We may also allow third party advertising and personalization partners to use this information to develop personalized content and appropriate advertising based on your visits over time on ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY web sites and non-ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY web sites.
This information may also be used to evaluate our online advertising campaigns or to tailor promotions and other marketing messages to you.
At this time, we do not honour “do no track” signals from a web site browser. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about cookies and other technologies and how to manage their use. If you elect to refuse or delete cookies, you will need to repeat this process if you use another computer, or change browsers. If you choose to decline cookies, some of the functionality of a website may be impaired.
Opting out of relevant advertising will not opt you out of all advertising, but rather only those advertisements that are personalized to your interests by ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY or its agents or representatives.
If you choose to decline cookies, some of the functionality of a website may be impaired.
ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY websites do not target or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 18 If you are under 18 please do not provide us with any information unless you have the permission of your parent or legal guardian to do so.
Visitor Material and Conduct
Any material you transmit or post to the Website shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. We shall have no obligations with respect to such material. We shall be free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use such material and data, images, sounds, text and other things embodied therein for any and all purposes.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Site any material:
- at is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
You may not misuse the Site (including, without limitation, by hacking).
ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY has developed certain mobile applications that you may download to your mobile device or vehicle (“ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY Applications”). When you download a ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY Application, there may be an opportunity for you to provide us with or for us to obtain information about you or your vehicle. Each ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY Application will display a separate Privacy Statement that will inform you about how any information shared via the application will be handled and how to decline such use or uninstall the application.
Through the Infotainment system, ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY may also offer applications developed by third parties (“3rd Party Application”). When you download a 3rd Party Application to your mobile device or vehicle, the 3rd Party Application may collect information about you in connection with your download or use of that application. ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY is not responsible for the collection or use of information by 3rd Party Applications. We recommend that you carefully review the privacy statement of each 3rd Party Application prior to downloading or using them.
ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY may share the information it collects about you or your vehicle in the following instances:
- as required by law or regulation, such as in conjunction with a subpoena, government inquiry, litigation, dispute resolution or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a law enforcement request
- with our services providers who work on our behalf and who do not have an independent right to use the information to which they have access or that we disclose to them
- with our business partners who provide products and services under one of our brands for ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY marketing activities, business partner marketing activities or both
- with third parties for research and development purposes (such as university research institutes for improving highway safety)
- in connection with the sale, transfer or financing of a significant part of a ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY business or its assets, including any such activities associated with a bankruptcy proceeding
- within the GM Group of Companies abroad, with our ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY controlled subsidiaries and affiliates, with ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY dealers and with ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY licensees.
Apart from the purposes listed above, ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY will not share information about you or your vehicle with other third parties for their independent use without your permission.
Information Quality/Openness/Data Subject Participation
ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY strives to maintain the integrity and accuracy of your information at all times. You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
If your personal information changes at any time or our records appear to be incorrect, please inform us immediately in order that we may update or correct our records accordingly.
Privacy Inquiries and Managing Your Personal Information/Communications Preferences
Should you have questions or concerns regarding the processing of your information, wish to opt out of marketing communications or change previously submitted opt-out preferences, please contact our Customer Care Centre on:
053 802 0400
Mon – Fri 7:30am – 5:00pm
If you have subscribed to a particular email newsletter or other communication you should follow the instructions in the email or on a related website to unsubscribe.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications from ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY, your personal information will not be used for marketing, but may still be used for the other purposes described in this Privacy Statement (such as vehicle support and service).
Changes to Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will do so by posting additions or modifications to this page.
Last modified: February 7th, 2018
Isuzu Honda Kimberley will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the contents of all ISUZU HONDA KIMBERLEY managed websites including but not limited to, pricing, images and offers, are accurate and up to date but does not accept any liability for claims or losses arising from reliance upon the contents of this website. The information contained on these websites is general information only and is subject to change without notice. Visuals may show specifications, accessories and options not available in South Africa or that may be available at an extra cost. Please contact your nearest Isuzu Honda Kimberley Dealer to confirm any changes or to discuss any specifically required vehicle features, advertised promotion, price or material on this website.